Vegan Product of the Week:
Tis the season to be jolly… and to bake all the Christmas cookies! Enjoy Life has an all vegan, no allergen product line and their chocolate chips are out of this world! I mix them in my overnight oats. with some cashew or almond butter as a yummy dip for pretzels, and in my cookies! Right now they’re offering $2 off your purchase on their website Enjoy Life. You can also buy their chewy chocolate chip cookies if you don’t feel like baking. The real deal is always better but these are a close second!
Recipe To Try:
Sahara’s Cauliflower Fried Rice requires minimal ingredients and tastes out of this world. I’m all about the cauli rice! Check out the recipe below or here.
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (can be reduced for Pittas)
- 1 head of cauliflower, riced (directions below)
- 2 green onions, diced (can be reduced for Pittas)
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- ½ cup edamame, preboiled (can be removed for Vatas)
- 2 cups your choice chopped vegetables: broccoli, carrots, snow peas, bamboo shoots, etc
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos or tamari (which are healthier alternatives to soy sauce)
- Remove the leaves of the cauliflower and cut the base of the root then chop cauliflower into chunks.
- Pulsed in a food processor until fine and rice-like OR grated with a cheese grater. Stir through to make sure there are no remaining chunks. It should be light and airy, looking similar to rice.
- Bring the sesame oil to medium-high heat in a large pan.
- Add the garlic and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the riced cauliflower, green onion, spices, edamame, veggies and liquid aminos/tamari
- Cook for about 10 minutes until the cauliflower is tender, stir often.
- Serve immediately.
· Your Guide to Vegan Grocery Shopping at Meijer (PETA blog)
· The Most Important Thing You Can Do to Save Your Cat’s Life (PETA blog)
· 30 Years Ago, PETA Exposed Cosmetics Testing—Look How Much Has Changed (PETA blog)
· PETA’s 2018 Company of the Year Made Boss Move by Banning Meat (PETA blog)
· Del Taco is expanding their Beyond Meat trial (link)
· McDonald’s launches a SECOND vegan burger in Finland (link)
· 9 Big Victories You Scored for Animals This Month (PETA blog)
Peace, love and vegan eats!