Hey loves… Happy February!
PETA’s 2018 Year in Review video about had me in tears.. We are the CHANGEMAKERS!!!! I am so proud of each and every one of you! Check it out: PETA’s 2018 Year in Review
Vegan Product of the week:
The only thing unreal about these UnReal Dark Chocolate Crispy Peanut Butter Cups is the flavor. Sooooo yumm! I’m addicted. Officially my new favorite candy. Check out the dets here. These are a perfect addition to your Valentine’s day gift giving list to your significant other.. or yourself 😉
· The 8 Best Vegan Chocolate Boxes for Your Valentine and for Animals (PETA blog)
· NEW Halo Top Vegan Ice Cream Flavors (PETA blog)
· New Halo Top Vegan Low-Calorie Ice Cream! (PETA blog)
· How to Eat Vegan at Johnny Rockets (PETA blog)
· Pieology adds vegan meatballs, chicken, and sausage (link)
o Pieology is one of the top fast casual pizza brands and has around 150 locations. PETA discussed vegan meats and pushed it with Pieology over the years (2014 – 2018 (following our talks on getting them to add vegan cheese)), and they agreed to explore it. Our recommendations and urging included all three meats they’ve added, as well as the Gardein brand.
· There’s a new vegan donut shop, Donatsu, in downtown Los Angeles (Instagram)
· For those living in or with mentees in the following cities (Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; San Diego, CA; Anaheim, CA), be sure to check our Salt & Straw’s Vegandulgence (ice cream) Series
o Vegan options marked with a (v)
· New WWF/David Attenborough documentary – Our Planet, will be airing April 5th on Netflix. Hailed as the next ‘Blue Planet 2’. (link)
Peace, love, and vegan eats,
Vegan Sarah Marie