You asked.. I’m here to deliver 😉
Here’s the run down on my favorite vegan cheeses!
This list is a little limited, because I am only going to tell you the cheeses that I LOVE and swear by. None of the “meh” vegan cheeses out there. If your local store has options and you have the funds to try new cheeses I do encourage you to try as many as you can to find what you personally love.
Mozzarella– Miyokos is dominating the world of vegan cheeses and butter. You guys! If you have not tried their butter and mozzarella, you are missing out!! Just look how amazing the texture of this is. I put it in my rotini last night.. and YUMM!
Provolone- Provolone has never been my favorite cheese, but Violife is a delicious vegan alternative if you’re a fan of provolone! Melts like the real thing!
Sandwich Cheese- Field Roast’s Chao Creamery is the best sliced cheese I have had. Vegan or not vegan.. this stuff is amazing! It melts on grilled cheeses & tastes delicious on every sandwich. I love their creamy original slices best, but I have never had anything from Field Roast that wasn’t delicious!
Shredded Cheese- I use Follow You Heart Fiesta Blend Shreds for quesadillas, tacos, sprinkling on chili etc. It is very similar to the real deal, but so much lighter in your stomach.
Spreadable Cheese- Treeline offers 4 varieties of some of the most flavorful spreadable cheese I’ve ever had. I never was much of a dipper, but this is a game changer. Its made from cashews and tastes like Heaven. Perfect for dipping crackers, veggies, you name it. I love all of their flavors, but Herb-Garlic is my absolute fave.
Nacho– Great for dipping tortilla chips, crackers and the like. This is so close to the real deal. Made from cashews and veggies, it is very light and fulfilling.
Parmesan– I am a nooch queen. Nooch is nutritional yeast, jam packed with nutrients. Anything you’d sprinkle cheese on, you can use nooch. Soups, salads, pastas, etc. You can even use nooch in a plethora of recipes. My personal favorite is Braggs. I love all their products, but this is the best! Anything that requires parmesan, I usually just use nutritional yeast. Violife (mentioned above) also has a pretty kick a** parmesan! It comes in block form and can be cut, shredded, etc.
Feta- Violife for the win again!
Specialty (cheese boards)– Treeline, Miyokos & Violife (all listed above) offer great varieties that you could build a phenomenal vegan cheese board out of! Miyokos even has full cheese wheels. Check out their websites for their offerings.
Cream Cheese– Can’t forget this one. I just love Kite Hill and Tofutti! So good spread on some fresh baked bread with avo and Trader Joe’s Everything But The Bagel Seasoning!
Do It Yourself- If you’re the ambitious DIY-er, Urban Cheese Craft has many different options to make your own cheeses. Check out their website! I have this one is my pantry currently. I of course will show you all the finished product!
I hope this list helps you on your vegan journey! & I think this goes to show, that there is no need to consume dairy milk anymore. Vegan options are available now more than ever. This is a wonderful time to be alive. Let me know what you have tried and love!!
Vegan news from our friends at PETA:
- Check Out All These New Vegan Products Launching in 2019 (PETA blog)
- GARDEIN JUST LAUNCHED VEGAN STEAK AND EGG BREAKFAST BOWLS (link)
o Between this is projected plummets in the price of Beyond Meat, have we hit peak veganism? You be the judge. Exciting times.
- WHOLE FOODS LAUNCHES VEGAN CHEESE SHREDS AND SLICES (link)
- Del Taco announces meat-free Beyond Tacos coming to all of its restaurants (link)
- KFC [in the UK] WILL LAUNCH VEGAN CHICKEN WITH ‘AMAZING’ FLAVORS (link)
- Frozen Peas Brand Bird’s Eye Launches Vegan Swedish Meatballs [UK only] (link)
- THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO THE BEST VEGAN SHOES (link)
- Beyond Meatburgers at Carl’s Jr. and tacos at Del Taco, vegan pizza at Blaze Pizza, and SO much more. Vegan food is EVERYWHERE! (Social)
- Updated: Recipe for Success: These Businesses Went Vegan and Flourished (PETA blog)
- Updated: Tell Time in Sleek Fashion With These Men’s Watches (PETA blog)
- Updated: Eating Just 3 Eggs a Week Is a Death Wish, New Study Confirms (PETA blog)
- Watch: Vegan Calamari Recipe by hot for food (PETA blog)
- Updated: How to Order Vegan Drinks at Starbucks (PETA blog)
- Updated: Starbucks Vegan Food Guide: Salads, Baked Goods, and Prepackaged Items (PETA blog)
- Updated: Vegan Shoes Every Woman Should Have in Her Closet (PETA blog)
- Updated: Vegan Ice Cream Offered at Ben & Jerry’s, Baskin-Robbins, and More (PETA blog)
Peace, love, and vegan cheese,
Vegan Sarah Marie