These little cuties over at MatchaBar sent me a sweet box that made my heart sing! Most of you know that I am OBSESSED with matcha and try to stray away from coffee since I feel many negative side effects (stomach acidity, acne, high blood pressure, etc). I usually purchase the ONLY ceremonial grade matcha I can find at the store near me. MatchaBar definitely tastes the cake. They sent me their ceremonial grade and it is soooo good!
If you don’t know what matcha is, have no fear! Visit me here where I’ve touched on this a bit before. 🙂 In essence, matcha is a great plant based caffeine source that gives you no jittery feeling and no crash!
I prefer to make my matcha with a bowl and bamboo whisk. It really gets the matcha concentrated well and makes for a more delicious drink. Whether I want hot or cold matcha I start off the same way (although there are many methods) by boiling about a half cup of water.
I take a scoop of matcha and put it into my bowl. The longer or rougher I foresee my day ahead, the more I put in! But this amount is how much I use on average. I then add the boiled water over top.
& it’s time to whisk away.
Make sure to whisk until there are no clumps. I chose to have iced matcha today so I grabbed some of my Mooala Koala Oat Milk with some ice.
Add in your matcha from your bowl into the plant based milk of your choice (or water if you’d like it more straight up). Then stir away! You can add any sweetener you like but I don’t need things too sweet so I chose not to. I add cinnamon or pumpkin spice when I’m wanting to spice things up a bit. Yumm!
It’s a beaut Clark! Sit back, relax, and enjoy your newest delightful summer drink… Iced matcha!
Use code: VEGANSARAH30 to get 30% off from our MatchaBar fam on Amazon
If you’d like to learn more about them check them out here
& weekly news from our friends at PETA:
Veganism/Animal Rights in the News:
- THE WAIT IS OVER! BEYOND BEEF® HITS US SHELVES NATIONWIDE (link)
- In its 2019 impact report, Impossible Foods describes “plant-based fish” as a high priority for the company. (link)
- Commercial whaling has started again in Japan after a 31-year hiatus. (link)
- Hummus maker Sabra Dipping Company has a new campaign called “The Vegans are Coming” and set up an emergency toll-free hotline, 1-866-Code-Vegan, to help barbecue hosts better cater to their vegan guests this summer (link)
- ICELAND IS THE WORLD’S MOST VEGAN-FRIENDLY COUNTRY (link)
- Sweden opens its first all vegan school (link)
- The horseshoe crab population had fallen 80 percent in 40 years as the pharmaceutical industry has been using their blood to detect bacteria in vaccinations, surgical implants, and injections even though almost two decades ago a professor at the National University of Singapore created a synthetic solution that may be more effective and potentially cheaper. (link)
- YOU CAN NOW GET OATLY’S VEGAN OAT ICE CREAM IN THE U.S. (link)
- 9 VEGAN RECIPES FOR FOURTH OF JULY YOU NEED TO MAKE NOW (link)
- 8 ESSENTIALS FOR THE ULTIMATE FOURTH OF JULY (link)
- Taco Bell Is Planning a New Vegetarian Menu Free of Fake Meat (link)
- Our Favorite Vegan Trader Joe’s Products (PETA blog)
- MEAT-HEAVY BARBECUE CHAIN FAMOUS DAVE’S TO LAUNCH ITS FIRST VEGAN MEAT OPTION (link)
- Vegan Guide to Del Taco: Beyond Meat Tacos, Burritos, and More (PETA blog)
- The Top Vegan Hot Dogs at Restaurants, Just in Time for Summer (PETA blog)
- The leading pizza chain in Canada, Pizza Pizza, just added a Super Plant pizza with vegan pepperoni and chorizo at its more than 750 locations across Canada. (link)
- Ladurée Macarons Are Going Vegan (link)
- It’s No Lie—the Vegan Options at True Food Are Truly Delicious (PETA blog)
- 5 Ways to Help Your Dog Survive Fireworks (link)
- 10 VEGAN WAYS TO CELEBRATE FOURTH OF JULY (link)
- THESE ARE THE VEGAN FOODS HIGHEST IN CALCIUM (link)
- These Hair Products From Target Are All Cruelty-Free and Vegan (PETA blog)
- Order FREE Cruelty-Free Pocket Guides (link)
Peace, love, and MatchaBar,
Vegan Sarah Marie